We wanted to give you an update on our progress with the 2016 Spring Season. This year we will have 3 Machine Pitch teams and 6 Baseball Division teams, which is a combined Majors and Minors Division.
We have selected the 2016 SPring Coaches and they are as follows:
- Taylor Beech
- Jeff Cornish
- Kevin Corradi
- Mike Glantz
- John Wiley
- Jason Zaborske
- Russ Clark
- Ross Decker
- Bill Garber
- Elkahn Gray
- Allan Malone
- Joey Matthews
- Anthony Allbaugh
- Peter Fisher
- David Gregg
- Daniel Jeffers
- C. Mantzanas
- Chad Pursell
- Billy Strickland
- Keith Wemm
- John Bentley
- Mike Glantz
- Danny O’Donnell
- Eric Shugart
If you requested to manage a team this Spring, you will still have an opportunity to be an assistant coach once the draft is done and your child has been placed on a team. Please let your Manager know when they contact you after the draft.
Machine Pitch evaluations will take place on January 23 from 9am-Noon. Minor and Major Baseball divisions will take place January 23 from 1pm-5pm. Please arrive early so we can start on time.
Players should come to evaluations with their glove and cleats. They should also bring a bat if they have one. When players arrive for their assigned evaluation time, they will be given a number to put on their shirts. That number will correspond to the number on the player list.
Each player will be evaluated on their ability to:
- Catch fly balls and throw to second base - 5 fly balls
- Field grounders in the infield and throw to first base - 5 ground balls
- Hit - 5 pitches
Each coach will evaluate players and prepare their selections for the draft.
The draft will run as follows:
- Coaches will draw a draft order from a hat and the draft will be conducted in a snake format.
- Each Manager will automatically have his own child placed on their team. They will then proceed to pick players until all players who evaluated are chosen.
- If a Manager has more than one child or has selected one Assistant Coach, those children will be assigned to the team in leu of the Manager's third, forth, etc. picks.
- Names of all players who did not attend the draft will be separated by age and placed in a hat. The Managers will pull a name out of the hat until all non-evaluated players are placed on a team.
The draft will take place on January 27 at the Chaires Community Center and teams will be announced that night via email and the website.
Practices will begin on February 1. Opening day will be February 27.